Pre-Law Advising Services
Pre-Law Advising Services is part of the Campus Center for Advising and Academic Services.
We provide advising and information to all undergraduates—regardless of major—interested in pursuing a postgraduate legal education.
Students come to see us to discuss:
- how to explore an interest in legal careers
- how to prepare for law school
- how to apply to law school
- questions about taking the LSAT
- any other topics related to law school or legal education
Summer Advising Appointments
- Pre-Law advising appointments will be available later this summer.
- After June 24, please call 217.333.9669 to schedule an appointment for early July.
- Read answers to the Top 10 Application Questions
- Where did Illinois seniors attend law school in 2010? What do their academic profiles look like? Check out our 2011 Applicant Data
What services do we provide?
- Make an appointment
- Pre-Law Informer, our weekly newsletter
- Pre-Law Handbook, a comprehensive resource of pre-law information
- We sponsor Law Day, workshops, and various other activities for pre-law students
Student Organizations and Facebook Groups
- Join the official Illinois Pre-Law Advising Service Facebook group
- Pre Law Club: Visit their website or join their Facebook group
- Pre-Law Honors Society: Email inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Undergraduate Patent Law Society: Visit their website